Sunday, November 15, 2009

Breaking in a new family

My ancestors were "domesticated" about 7,000 years ago. I"ll let you in on a secret. Its is the humans who have been domesticated, not us cats. I'll give you my personal example. A few days ago I was still with my mom and sisters (yep, single male in the bunch.) My mom actually showed me off to her humans. Of course it was because I was the biggest, loudest and of course cutest in the lot. Oh, back to the point... So, I was "adopted" by a new family and what do they do? Stimulate the economy! I have a new kitty condo complete with a perching platform a built in scratching post and a first floor private bedroom. (Not bad digs for a single guy.) They also got me a play gym, a few rather lame toys (I'll play with them to make the humans feel good) a cool collar and various other things. So, what do I have to do for all this? Nothing but be cute, not rip the place to shreds and purr a few times a day. Not a bad gig at all.



A cool thing about this place is that there are quite a few keyboards (musical and computer) around. So, I'll sneak onto one every once in a while and keep you posted on what is up. For now, I'll give you a picture or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment